Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Intermission: Freestylin'

My reactions to the various movies I have watched recently.

The Other Guys
"I'm laughing at a recent Will Ferrel comedy, and I'm not actively hating Mark Wahlberg's comedic acting. I find both of these developments surprising."

Restrepo
"I can totally see why everyone else was impressed by it, but I really wish I hadn't been told so many times how good it was. It didn't live up to my hopes. I blame people, not the movie."

Centurion
"Neil Marshall really knows how to keep my eyes entertained while he absolutely wastes my brain's time."

The Siege
"This movie was really damn prescient, almost scarily so. Also it's preachy as all Hell and kinda sucks."

John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars
"I love everything about this movie except for everything about it."

Best Worst Movie
"That was sorta okay, I guess. Must have been a really slow year for documentaries if critics were giving positive reviews for nostalgic trifle like this."

Monster in the Closet
Before: "Troma's one attempt to make a real movie? This should be interesting."
After: "I probably should have known that Troma's definition of 'real' would differ from mine."

TRON: Legacy
"Wait, was this directed by Neil Marshall?"

Other notes:
  • I also saw Unstoppable, but that will get its own Tony Scott-related entry.
  • Whatever happened to Natasha Henstridge? I tried to do an IMDB search for her, but the next thing I remember is waking up in a dumpster behind Campbell's Nutrition crying, eating day-old organic yogurt and mumbling something to myself about The Whole Ten Yards.
  • While Tron: Legacy failed to be awesome, I really loved the look, music, and effective use of 3D. And I've been thinking about Olivia Wilde nonstop for 2 weeks now.
Petite, short hair, prone to violence. We totally could have dated.

No comments: