Saturday, February 02, 2008

Top 5 Amendment

I just finished watching another 2007 film, and feel as though I should amend my Top 5 (which was really Top 6) list from last year. My new list is as folllows:

7. Wristcutters: A Love Story
6. Juno
5. Dedication
4. Rocket Science
3. Gone Baby Gone
2. Zodiac
1. No Country For Old Men

There's nothing blazingly original about the story in Dedication, but all the actors play it so well that it feels new anyway. It's truly sad that Mandy Moore's best films are always the overlooked ones. She could be an A-list lead, but always winds up in crap. Billy Crudup is also still waiting for the mainstream attention that his talant so richly deserves. And while Tom Wilkenson was fantastic in Michael Clayton, his Oscar nomination should have come from this movie, instead.

1 comment:

Nick Prigge said...

Damn it, man! How did you see this already?! It's #1 in my netflix queue but I'm just waiting for it to get released. I can only assume you have a Japanese bootleg.