Monday, December 10, 2007

Rescue Dawn

I finally got around to watching this one, and I didn't care for it at all. The whole thing felt sloppy. Dieter is not well drawn as a character, and Bale is acting so eccentrically during the entire performance that it becomes hard to tell if the weird little quirks are being caused by his time in captivity or if Dieter is always like that. Steve Zahn does a great job, and I felt a better connection to his character. Too bad he's only around during the second act. Jeremy Davies continues to play Jeremy Davies in every film he's in, and I'm not a fan. Many of the reviews stated that the movie made the jungle seem so oppressive and horrible. I just didn't feel it. Platoon still ranks at the top of my list for making a jungle seem like Hell.

I hope Zahn gets some recognition in the upcoming awards season, but nothing else about this film made an impression on me.

No comments: