Monday, October 22, 2007

3:10 to Yuma

Am I the only one who wasn't at all impressed by this movie?

Not that it was bad, it just wasn't good. It was all very predictable, the performances felt a little too forced, and ending rang completely false. I think people are so desperate for a return to the classic western genre that they will accept any new western as a great film.

I read a great analogy recently that I think accurately describes critics' positive reactions to this film (the analogy was originally being used to describe Star Wars fans' reaction to the new trilogy): A child has dropped his ice cream cone in the sandbox, and has picked the cone back up, and is brushing the sand off while repeating "It's still good" over and over.

1 comment:

Rory Larry said...

I felt that way about 3:10 To Yuma. But I realized I never posted on it.